Design & Build Beautiful Yards and Landscaping
Best Lawn & Garden Care Tips To Create A Beautiful Space
Garden TrimmingTrimming involves cutting back all overgrown plants in your garden. It must be done regularly and offers many benefits. Some of the most common ones are as follows:
- Pest Control: Trimming helps control the pests and insects on your property. Many insects use the extra shrubbery for colonization and feeding.
- Safety: Regular trimming and pruning prevent any risk of falling branches. You will also be preventing any risk of damages to the siding during harsh winds.
- Proper Growth: It will also help the plant grow properly. Maintenance of shape and size prevents plants from weakening. They will also have the strength to support the entire structure.
Garden FertilizationYour plants need nutrients to grow and maintain their health and beauty. Failing to fertilize properly can prevent them from growing as well or bloom to their full potential.
The region and the previous growth on the soil affect its nutrient levels. Even when you have rich soil, it will be required to replenish the nutrients after some time. It is recommended to create a fertilization plan after conducting a soil test.
While it is good to add organic matter such as mulch and compost, it cannot provide the required nutrients fast enough. It is recommended to supplement slow-release organic matter with fertilizers that replenish the soil more immediately. Choose a granular or liquid product that contains a balanced amount of the big 3 nutrients – Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Potassium.
Lawn FertilizationIt is not just your garden; your lawn also requires proper nutrition to grow and maintain its lush looks and health. Proper fertilization can offer the following benefits for your lawn:
- Weed Reduction: Many modern fertilizers also have weed reduction properties. Even if you don't choose them, fertilization will strengthen your lawn to fight off weed.
- Disease Resistance: When your lawn gets all the essential nutrients, it grows strong and resists most diseases.
- Enhanced Growth: Proper and even lawn fertilization can help create uniform growth across the entire area.
- Soil Protection: When your grass grows thick, it will help eliminate soil runoff during rain or storm. This will further promote healthier grass.
Lawn AerationProfessional lawn aeration can help remove thatch, eradicate soil compaction, and maintain a healthy lawn. It is best to schedule it during the fall and is something that can be performed only professionally. Some of the most important benefits of aerating your lawn are as follows:
- Improved turf health
- Reduced thatch build-up
- Breaks soil compaction
- Helps with soil pH management
- Helps with overseeding operations
- Reduces water puddling and runoff
Irrigation & SprinklersA sprinkler system is a convenient and efficient way to keep your lawn and garden healthy and looking beautiful. It is recommended to use the latest systems that ensure proper watering and excellent control. There is many aesthetic, environmental, and cost-saving reasons to install an efficient irrigation system in your yard. The use of advanced moisture sensors, timers, and water gauges helps save water. Proper watering enhances the turf's health and beauty. Besides, it will create a cooling effect that has a big impact on your home's overall condition.
At A Greener Tomorrow, we serve clients throughout Culver City, CA, and the surrounding areas. You may give us a call at 310-915-0722 or send us your queries using this online form.